Linking up for this week's Five for Friday over at Doodle Dugs Teaching! I hardly ever get organized enough to do these. This week will be a combination of things from this week and last week.
1. Amazing weather makes the last few weeks of school so much happier. Who wants to have inside recess with all of that crazy end-of-the-year-energy? This is what that big Oklahoma sky, under which I live, looked like last week. Enjoy the view from the corner of the playground that I favor when at recess duty. Beautiful, right!?
2. I experienced the most amazing teacher appreciation week. I will venture to dub it, "Best ever." As you know, teacher friends, it's not the presents or the big bucks that keep teachers in the classroom. (Although both are/would be nice! ;))
For me, it is the relationships. I had amazing conversations with my kiddos last week. We talked about reading assessments, all of the growth we have seen in ourselves as readers, college, middle school relationships. It was pretty amazing. I cried at least 10 times.
Here are some of the gifts I received form students. LOTS of flowers and plants. I also got gift cards, fancy soaps, snacks, Sonic drinks, and an adorable shirt that says, "Teachers Rock." I am sure I am forgetting something.
3. This week was our senior reception, where all graduating seniors that went to our elementary school come back for a visit. This graduating group is my very first class. I was an intern the first half of their 5th grade year and then took over as teacher in the Spring when the teacher went on maternity leave. It was an amazing experience to see them and make connections. We shared some nice conversations and lots of laughs. A few of them are even going to OU! Boomer Sooner!
4. Our Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon was a hit on Friday. The Media Specialist, Lisa, is in charge of the whole shindig. I was so happy to see lots of smiling faces. I was also really happy to see all of the food!
5. Next week is the last week of school at our school. We have an awesome 5th grade recognition program planned, a field trip, and lots of other fifth grade activities. Buckle up!