Saturday, December 7, 2013

Fa La La La La Linky!

Hey Teacher Friends,
I am taking a few minutes this morning got link up with Christina at Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge for her holiday decoration linky. I am LOVING how many trees she has in her house!



Here is a little peek of my holiday decor. I hope to continue to add to them for many years. I would describe my Christmas Decoration Style as "Vintage Meaningful." I love to display items and ornaments that look old and have sentimental value. How about you?

Christmas Tree
 We roll with real trees around here. This is actually the second time that Dahlia and I decorated the tree. I am sure it won't be the last. I have a plan to craft some new garland using either felt balls or pom poms. I think they would add a bit of fun to our tree. I am also planning on adding my aunt's rag garland. It is adorable Christmas fabric tied to twine. Rustic. Lovely. But at my sister's house an hour away. BOO!

DIY Banner and C9 lights
 I made this banner with some craft paper, chalfboard paint, and string. It said, "It's Fall Y'all" last week. I love having the ability to change it at the drop of a hat! Now it reads, "Merry Bright." I am giving one of these babies away this week. You have through Friday. Go here.

Those big C9 lights are so fun! If we had time to put up lights, which we don't, I would use these guys!

Our stockings, crocheted by my Grandma Bonnie
 These precious stockings are hand crocheted by my amazing grandma. She makes one for everyone. One of my nephews has a little green tractor as his character. LOVE IT! I think that the angel on Dahlia's is just perfect. Another good thing about these: they stretch! We can add all kinds of goodies. My family always places an orange, and apple, and peanuts in the shell at the foot of the stocking.

Funny story, Dahlia came home from the hospital on Christmas Day. She was small enough to actually fit inside her stocking...and I have the pictures to prove it!

Bottle Brush Tree Forest
 I added these this year. I have them stacked on my family bible to add some height. The little figurines are just cheapies from the Dollar Tree. I used some of the trees and the people in the Bell Jar ornaments that I made last weekend.
Deer Bell Jar ornament
We (and when I say we, I mean mostly me) made these darling ornaments from plastic wine glasses. The snow is Epsom salt. I love the little dear best.

Better picture of Bell Jar ornaments

Isn't this so fun!?
 I added a bottle brush tree to this little car of Dahlia's. Isn't it fun? I usually have these vintage scarfs on a side table, and I thought they looked just right with the car and Dahlia's fingerprints from last year.

The picture includes me, my sis, and my Daddy via 1987 or so
 Here are a few treasured knickknacks and patty-whacks! A photo from my childhood, gifts from students, and my fave nutcracker figure.

Happy Holidays! I can truly say it is my favorite time of the year!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those little belljar ornaments - how precious! Where's the DIY? Cause I would love to have some of my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the link to the pin I used. I will add it to my post too.
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/8303580537005817/
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day:)