Monday, February 18, 2013

I've Been Liebstered!


Hey Y'all!
Jessica over at Ideas by Jivey nominated me for a Liebster Award! She is the sweetest. In her message to me about the nomination, she said she misses "Bloggy Brandi." I have to agree with her. I have been out of pocket lately. Somehow, a ton of grading snuck up on me. With the added stress of multiple meetings last week, I was so tuckered out at the end of the day, that I couldn't even think of what to write. Do you ever have one of those weeks? 

This fun award is a great way to kickstart me into a post. Thanks Jessica! 
Here goes:

These are Jessica's questions to me. I will nominate 11 new bloggers (under 200 followers) and then give them 11 questions. They will nominate 11 people, give those 11 people 11 questions, and...well, you get it. 

1. How long have you been blogging? 
I have been blogging since 2010. I was writing a personal blog about my sweet little family. I lost momentum and took a hiatus. I started this blog in late 2012. 

2. Why did you start blogging? 
Narcissism?? No, really, I write my teacher blog as a reflective process for my professional growth, as a way to connect with other teachers who love teaching enough to write about it in their free time (That is what I call commitment!), to find ideas, and to promote my teacher products (don't we all?). The more I do it, the more I learn, the better, I teach...the more I do it! Circle of life.

3. What is your favorite item in the classroom that you can't live without? My laptop! And my mobi, and my microphone, and my clipboard. I know it says item in the singular. It was hard and this is supposed to be fun, right??!

4. What is your current ringtone?
The actual ringtone is whatever the standard apple ringtone is. But, if I am being honest, my phone is almost always on vibrate. I have a terrible habit of leaving it on silent for school, then forgetting to turn it back on. It seems like any time I actually remember to put the ringer on, I forget to silence it again when I am putting Dahlia to bed, and then it makes her up! 

5. What blogs do you love right now?
I am ever obsessed with The Pleated Poppy. It's not a teacher blog, but her WWIW (What I Wore Wednesday) is my style blog go-to. I also really love her home decor style. I can also be seen stalking KPM Doodles and Ideas by Jivey.

6. What is your favorite linky party (if you participate)?
Currently is the one I have been the most consistent about participating in. Also, my I Pin, You Pin is pretty fun;) It is still open for a couple of days, too. 

7. How would you describe your teaching style?
Silly, bossy, and enthusiastic. 

8. What is your ideal meal to eat on a cold day?
Roast with onions, taters, and carrots. It's my favorite every day. 

9. What is your favorite thing one of your students has given you?
I am a sucker for sentimental gifts. I was given an AMAZING letter from a student on the last day of school. She was a member of my first class. It was so thoughtful and sweet. I gained a reputation with students that day as being a big softie. Apparently, some students saw me sobbing in my room. I went to the office after I had gotten it together, and they told me that kids were saying, "Mrs. Caldwell is in her room, crying!" 

10. Who is your favorite celebrity?
I love me some Ryan Gosling. I also really love Colin Firth and I think J.K Rowling would be so interesting to talk with.
 
11. If you were invisible, where would you go? :)
I think I would stay home. I am terrible at keeping secrets, and I would think an invisible person would hear a lot that they don't want to!

See ya later, 

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I would have to agree with the Gosling too. :)
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being nominated! Ryan Gosling is pretty awesome! I like the description of your teaching style. Those three words describe me pretty well too.

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! I am so guilty of leaving my phone on silent all. the. time.

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day:)