Friday, October 5, 2012

Interactive Writing/RTI/Achieve 3000/New Common Core Writing Test=mental overload

Teacher Friends,
Have you ever had one of those weeks as a professional that makes your brain seem like a mushy ball of that cornstarch stuff that you have seen the Ooey Gooey Lady holding on Pinterest?

I had one of those this week. Don't get me wrong, I love professional development;) Sometimes it takes me a little while to process and digest all of that instructional goodness. I want to do it all! Don't we all? The thing that my learning-packed week taught me was...wait for it...the kids must feel like this everyday!

I reflected on my students who need more time to process, more wait time, more practice time, and more room on their "shelf", and was totally in their shoes. If I don't get all of the InteractiveAcheiveRTI3000 philosophies cemented in my mind, complete with ideas for anchor charts and student created graphs of fluency data created by fall break, it will be okay. In fact, it will be worth the stress if it means I took my kiddos' perspectives into consideration, right?

Sidenote: I would not trade my spot on the learning side of the table with the spot of the presenter who got to talk with or faculty after 3 other major presentations! Just saying. I spoke in front of our faculty Wednesday about RTI for reading fluency, and it was tough.  Isn't it funny how speaking in front of 25 little people everyday is easier than talking for 15 minutes to grown-ups?

Do you ever struggle to put all the pieces together? How do you make it work? Is their an anchor chart you created on Pinterest I can view? lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day:)