Sunday, October 20, 2013

Five for Friday on a Sunday!

I am linking up this week with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. I have GOT to get more organized if I am regularly going to do this linky. I get all panicky and then just scrap my whole post. This week was just too good to care if I was late. 

Apple Day in K!
Our Kinder teachers and librarian invited me to teach a center rotation during Apple Day. We all sat down and planned it together. It was so much fun. I have been getting into rooms to teach and meet with teachers a lot, which make my pangs of longing for the classroom less stabbing:) Here are some pictures. Pardon the quality. It is just easier for me to use my phone on the fly. 
Mrs. Morgan's center included a story. "The Little Red House with No Doors and No Windows and a Star Inside"
Click the link to see the story. So cute!

 Here is my center. We measured each student's height with apples. The kids added their numbers to the correct side of the graph and in the correct spot! They are smarties:) I think it helped that we stacked our apples and our librarian, Mrs. Gourd, read the book "Ten Apples Up On Top!" with the kiddos in the center just before mine.
Here she is with her book and her adorable questioning stars. I think she got them at Lakeshore. The kids love the wands and were answering some hard questions.


We had two other centers that I neglected to get pictures of. (pardon my grammar) Oops!
After the centers, the kiddos went back to their rooms for some homemade applesauce. It smelled DIVINE! So yummy that Dahlia and I made our own at home last night!

I may or may not have happened through the gym (okay, let's be honest...my office is in the gym), and I may or may not have seen a certain p.e. teacher doing the cha cha slide with 3rd graders. SO CUTE!

I was invited to the music room to learn a dance to ROAR by Katy Perry. I just love that song! And...I have to tell you... I am SO OUT OF SHAPE! The third graders were unphased and I was on the side of the room trying to conceal my huffing and puffing. 
The GMA Katy Perry Roar Contest is over, but this video that Norman High entered is too fun to not share. Plus, lots of my former students are in it. 


While I was in the music classroom, I spotted this little beauty. What a perfect scale for a music classroom! Go Mrs. Love:)


I spent my day on Thursday meeting with teachers and looking at intervention data. I was and continue to be so impressed with the amount of work our teachers put into everything that they do!! 


I got a super awesome email this week. It is kind of a secret, but I will let you know more in a future post. Until then, here is a freebie!




Toodles, 


1 comment:

  1. I love, love your apple day ideas! We will be having a fall rotation in a couple of weeks. I definitely will be using an idea or two of yours!
    Teaching with Grace

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day:)